Nominations are Open to Serve on MCYD’s E-Board!
2016 Executive Board Elections will be held Tuesday, November 17th at 7pm in the Silver Spring Civic Center
Nominations will close Tuesday, October 20th at the Membership Meeting.
Do you want to put your passion for political action, community building, and advocacy to work with the Democratic Party and Montgomery County? Are you an active member in good standing of the Montgomery County Young Democrat?
Consider running for the 2016-2018 MCYD Executive Board!
Seeking nominations for:
- Vice President
- Advocacy Director
- Communications Director
- Membership Director
- Political Director
- Programming Director
Board members serve for a 2-year term and work together to oversee the club’s operations, including MCYD’s monthly membership meetings, advocacy campaigns, political activism, and more.
Nominations are due to the Elections Committee by Tuesday, October 20th and will close at the Membership Meeting.
Nominations will be reviewed by the committee to ensure that members are in good standing and eligible to serve on the board.
To be certified for the ballot, please email the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Current Residence and Workplace or School, if in Montgomery County
- Position you are seeking
Nominations will also be accepted from the floor at the October Membership Meeting at 7pm in Silver Spring.
Criteria the Elections Committee will be reviewing, per our bylaws, include:
- 2015 dues-paying membership
- Eligibility by residence, school, or work location
- Democratic Party registration, if eligible to register for a political party in the U.S.
- Active status (attendance at 1/3 of the last year’s membership meetings (which will be 10/3, or 3.3 meetings, which I would interpret as 3 meetings, since typically you round down in a that kind of counting) and not disciplined in last 90 days
Questions? Contact the Elections Committee at email@example.com.