On Saturday, August 25th, we hosted our annual Paint the County Blue fundraiser. Hosted by Dr. Jean Bailey, a member of President Obama’s national finance committee, the event was a huge success. The MCYD presented Jon Randall of Obama for American with the Dorothy Davidson award, and Karen Britto with the Young Democrat-for-Life award for their outstanding work on behalf of Democrats in Montgomery County.
Joining us in the celebration were some amazing speakers, including:
• Congressman Chris Van Hollen
• Lieutenant Governor Anthony Brown
• Attorney General Doug Gansler
• Maryland State Democratic Party Chair
• Maryland’s 6th Congressional District Democratic Nominee John Delany
Additionally, over 25 local elected officials attended, as well as one surprise guest: Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson.
At the end of the day, we raised over $15,000 to help us support our elected officials and priorities for the election.